Sunday, January 15, 2012

Butterfly Shrine Slight ReVamp

It is becoming more and more that what I put out to the universe seems to happen. For instance, with the Butterfly Shrine, I felt I was still missing a needed butterfly. I have a number off metal ones, but I wanted something that felt light. I stopped at my favorite thrift store the other day and there she was, a butterfly pin. She was see through in a kind of light champange color. At first I thought I would leave the color as but in the end I felt adding color was the way to go, so I use alchohol inks and then some Lindy's Magcial Micas. I think she turned out lovely. I changed the orientation of one other butterfly because the placement of the big one made it look odd.






True Blue Love Hanging Ornament



SUPPLIES
Lids from larde and medium cans (use can opener that does not leave sharp edges
1 sheet of cardstock sprayed with Lindy's Starburst Stain In Delphinum Turquoise
Vic Images
handcrafted polymer heart charms
Heart bling
ribbon flowers
trims
Black Seam Binding
Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Broken China
Glossy Accents
Mod Podge
Pop dots
tacky glue.

Cut circles out for each side of the two cans. Distress the edges and use Broken China Distres Ink and the edges.
Use Mod Podge to adher the circle to the sides of the lids. Attach trim with glossy accents. Fussy cut the VIC images.
In this case, I placed the Cherubs from one image and attached them to the medium circle, and the lady to the the larger
circle using pop dots for dimension. I added the sentiment onto her dress skirt. Holes were punched at the top
and bottom of the lid and attached using the seam binding. Decorated with heart bling and polymer charms and flowers.
On the second side I included a
rub on sentiment on the med lid and heart bling. On the larger lid I cut the heart part of a VIC image and attached to the
circle. I also fussy cut and 2nd copy of the flower, dress and hat and added using pop dots.