Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Getting In The Halloween Mind Space

I have been working on this apothcary following an Alpha Stamps and Laura Carson's tutorial.http://www.alphastamps.com/blog/?p=5355
The tutorial called for four boxes for sale at the store but I thoought it would be good practice for me to use foam board. I have been a little hesitant to begin the red project, as it will be the first major foam board project created completely from beginnning to end. Anyways it was good practice and I know where I need to make an adjustments to side walls (accounting for the thickness of the back and front walls), so has been a good learning experience.

 
I am waiting for an order from Allpha Stamps that has the Tim Holtz feet for the cabinet. I am looking forward to seeing the completed project. In the meantime I have been making the bits and bobs for the for the spooky apothocary. Bottles and containers of all-sorts along with real and faux books. I intend to enter the contest at Alpha Stamps that closes Oct 30th and the draw on 31st.....check the link for more detail. http://artfullymusing.blogspot.ca/p/apothecary-event-3rd-tutorial.html
 
 
 
 
I really need to locate my tripod. I seem to be shakier every time I try and take photos.
I plan on setting it up the apothocary in this bay window in our living room. From the outside it is right there beside the front door. I have spooky spider web and moss, candles, rats and a ravin named Venom to add to the scence. Should be quite something. I hope! I am looking forward to it and hoping for more kids than last year.
 

No comments: