Sunday, January 22, 2012

In Memory Of Grampa, Shrine- 4

Spent the weekend creating this shrine which holds many mementos that are dear to my heart, or they were recreated to respresent something about my Grampa. I am so glad he was a part of my life, and I was very lucky to get to know him.  I was the oldest and nearest grandchild, so I spent quite a bit of time at Grama and Grampa's house. I added a little pocket on the back to hold extra pictures that are particulary special to me








Revamped Crochet Hat

Saw a video where oneCraftycookie spruced up a little hat and it inspired me to do likewise.
I used Tibetan Poppy Teal , my favorite Lindy's color,  Kaiser craft trim, and various little flowers. Terrie said she wanted to see what I came up with so I thought to kist post it here.







Sunday, January 15, 2012

Butterfly Shrine Slight ReVamp

It is becoming more and more that what I put out to the universe seems to happen. For instance, with the Butterfly Shrine, I felt I was still missing a needed butterfly. I have a number off metal ones, but I wanted something that felt light. I stopped at my favorite thrift store the other day and there she was, a butterfly pin. She was see through in a kind of light champange color. At first I thought I would leave the color as but in the end I felt adding color was the way to go, so I use alchohol inks and then some Lindy's Magcial Micas. I think she turned out lovely. I changed the orientation of one other butterfly because the placement of the big one made it look odd.






True Blue Love Hanging Ornament



SUPPLIES
Lids from larde and medium cans (use can opener that does not leave sharp edges
1 sheet of cardstock sprayed with Lindy's Starburst Stain In Delphinum Turquoise
Vic Images
handcrafted polymer heart charms
Heart bling
ribbon flowers
trims
Black Seam Binding
Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Broken China
Glossy Accents
Mod Podge
Pop dots
tacky glue.

Cut circles out for each side of the two cans. Distress the edges and use Broken China Distres Ink and the edges.
Use Mod Podge to adher the circle to the sides of the lids. Attach trim with glossy accents. Fussy cut the VIC images.
In this case, I placed the Cherubs from one image and attached them to the medium circle, and the lady to the the larger
circle using pop dots for dimension. I added the sentiment onto her dress skirt. Holes were punched at the top
and bottom of the lid and attached using the seam binding. Decorated with heart bling and polymer charms and flowers.
On the second side I included a
rub on sentiment on the med lid and heart bling. On the larger lid I cut the heart part of a VIC image and attached to the
circle. I also fussy cut and 2nd copy of the flower, dress and hat and added using pop dots.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Gothic Arch Challenge - New Beginings

This is my first entry at the Gothic Arch Challenge
ttp://gothicarches.blogspot.com/


The Butterfly Shrine -Shrine Three

I used some of all the butterfly goodies and paper to create this shrine. I will take a couple inside shots tomorrow. I did not even think of it. I really enjoyed this one but need to work out a better method for sizing the drawers. The instructions just said slightly smaller measurements then the base. The frist drawer ended up too big and this one is actually a little too small. I will correct this by adding a piece to the back of the drawer. I played with buttons and came up with an interesting closer that should stannd up to opening and closing.