Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shadow Box - Part Two: That Extra Touch, And New Tag Play

I think it looks better with the decal on the glass...it seemed like there was a lot of empty space before. Now I am thinking maybe I should have put it slightly lower....lol


Just playing with some bits on the desk..I was practising embossing last night...With this one I used the Distress embossing powder in Vintage Photo. Then I took some craft paint and went over top, and removed what I could. Cut out an "angel image" and matted it on a scrap which had leaves stamped on it from another project. I saw Arlene (Butterfly Kisses) do that curling thing with the edge of the paper and revealing the other one underneath. When she used this, I think it was on a box. I did not like the corner the image so I thought I would try it on this tag. I used a little Washi paper at the bottom and made a heart using the M.S. Embossed Heart Punch. It is difficult to use as the heart always gets stuck and I have to remove it with tweezers. Not the best design as far as my limited punch knowledge goes. The heart is puffy so I put applied it with the dimension sticker/tape.. I finished it with some twine I claimed it while cleaning my husband's wine room earlier today.







5 comments:

Caroline said...

Looks like you had fun :) Just wonderful! Love the lady image and the embossing. Great idea to curl the edge... gives it that exciting something :)

Michelle said...

Great shadow box and I love the tag. I have a collection of those cobalt blue bottles my mom and I found in an old antique dump when I was younger. I love remembering those moments! Thank you for reminding me. :)

Sung-Hee (Regina) Hong said...

I'm just loving the blue !!! :D

craftattack said...

Lovely work. The shadow boxes are great!

PaisleyPeacock said...

Thanks you ladies...I greatly appreciate the comments.