Monday, May 16, 2011

First Foil Tech. Project and Pencil Box

Mabu14 at (blog) Craft Mix sent me a pencil case box to alter. I painted it first with FolkArt -Vintage Orange and then adhered paper from Crafty Secrets Radiant stack, sprayed with Lindys' California's Golden Poppy and edged with Spiced Marmalade D.I. I think that I will probably leave it as is since I am going to use it for pencils.



Today we skyped and worked on a foil technique project on tin containers. I am fairly happy with how mine turned out, and would  use it again. I liked Caroline's and hope to see some pics when she completes the details. We are both considering doing something to the inside. I used Daler Rowney paints and finished the edge with some ball chain.




3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love how they both turned out. I don't think that I would have thought to paint the box first. Such a smart idea...what an added texture!
I love how you used the chain around the edge of the second box; it finishes it off really well :)
tfs,
Cheryl

Terri said...

Cool technique and it turned out beautifully. Skyping is great but crating and Skyping is even better!

Caroline said...

It looks even better on the picture :) The ball chain on the edge is such a nice detail. It was fun again and definitely worth repeating!